Project #3 - Taiwan Arrival


16th May 2010
Another trip, same destination, different experience but nonetheless, its something I always look forward to. 
To have this trip again after so long is really refreshing, to my work at least but family wise, its something of a sacrifice. After a horrific experience in a hostel which was provided by the customer, we took initiative to rent a motel instead this time. Why can't i stay in a hotel you may ask, well, there is no hotel here in Jhudong, motel is the best place you can bargain for to have a great and comfy stay.

Let me recap a little bit. I set out from Penang and transit in Singapore where I took Silk Air which depart at 10.15am and arrive in Changi Airport at approximately 11.40am. My next plane from Singapore to Taiwan was actually 1.15pm and therefore, i have around 1 hour to wonder about in one of the best airport in the world, not to mention the cheapest duty free zone in Asia. 



Silk Air From Penang Int. Airport
Touching Down at Changi

The airline that I took from Penang got me to Terminal 2 in Changi and from that terminal, I would need to proceed to Terminal 1 to board the EVA Air. At first, i thought one hour gap in between was not really enough, so I would think that running is the best way to reach my destination but to my amazement, getting from one terminal to another is a breeze, it took me only 10 minutes to reach Terminal 1 from Terminal 2.

Anyway, the reason I transit in Singapore is because I would need to meet up with a few colleagues in order for us to reach Taiwan at the same time. So, when the time comes to board, we go separate way as all of our seats are scattered throughout the plane. Mine one, as usual, will always on Window side. Just don't why, I just like to look outside when i'm on the plane.



EVA Air From Changi Int. Airport
On the way to Taiwan



My food on EVA Air
Arriving in Taoyuan Airport.

We arrive in Taoyuan Airport around 5.40pm and after all the emigration checkings, it was already around 5.55pm. While we were walking towards the exit door to meet up with our taxi, we, my colleagues and I, heard our name being called.............we were really surprise nonetheless............not everyday you could hear your name being called in a foreign country you know....... Anyway, it was actually our taxi driver calling us through the reception counter as he was worried not to have found us. Finish with that, we proceed to our big vehicle.......as usual also that is, E class Merc.........With this big car, it took us close to an hour to reach Jhudong with one of the best motel as our destination.

No comments: